Monday, December 10, 2012

Henry's Little Monster Party

My baby Henry is three. {sigh}

I tried really hard to ignore this milestone of him growing up by immersing myself in planning his party. I might have gone a little overboard. But, that was the point.

photo-83

First, I just have to say that I have some of the most amazingly talented friends. Like, ever. But beyond their many, many talents, they are also really wonderfully funny and generous. Rachel and Mandie both joined forces with me to make Henry's party out of this world. Rachel is a designer/party-stylist extrordinaire (is that a word?) with RV Parties. I told her that I was thinking of a Monster theme for Henry's third and she designed EVERYTHING. And then, the icing on the cake (ha!!) was that my BFF, Mandie, a celebrity of the cake-world DROVE UP from North Carolina and made a three-tiered cake, cupcakes and cake pops for the party. AND, she straight up spent the whole weekend helping Rachel and I set up. I mean, willingness to drive seven hours to hot glue stuff all weekend long -- does friendship get any better than that?? I'm such a lucky girl.
Monster-0104
We had so many wonderful party details. Rach designed an adorable friendly monster pattern and, along with the party printables, we used it everywhere. The table was so cute!!
Monster-0156 Monster-0180 Monster-0111 Monster-0167 Monster-0176 Monster-0091 Monster-0175
With Mandie visiting, our dessert table was INSANE!! The cake was, of course, a show stopper with fondant monsters to match our party pattern!! The best part about Mandie's cakes is that they look AMAZING, but they taste even better! There were three different flavors - strawberry fluff, cookies and cream and chocolate mousse!
Monster-0106 Monster-0134 Monster-0185 Monster-0184 Monster-0186 Monster-0187
Even though Henry's cake was three amazing tiers and custom designed by a fabulous and famous caker, he still tried to wiggle away from blowing out the candles!
Monster-2 Monster-5 Monster-6
YUMMY!!! My children are so spoiled on Mandie's cake!!
Monster-12

In the adjacent room, we set up a table of party favors, a coloring wall and a photo booth for all of the guests to enjoy! More amazingly talented friends added special touches to this party. Brigette of Hermosa Fiber Company, used her specialty-dyed yarn to knit precious monsters to give away as favors! And Chrissy of Chrissy's Custom Creations created a candy jar to match one of our monsters!
Monster-0093 Monster-0216 Monster-0227 Monster-0240
The coloring wall added an extra activity for the kids. They all really loved the ability to color ON THE WALLS! Have you heard of engineering prints from Staples/Office Max?? They're amazing! As long as you're willing to print in black and white, you can have them print a HUGE design for a really, really inexpensive price. We printed three - 36x48, 36x60 and 36x72 for all the walls and it cost around $20 for all three!! SUCH a deal! Even though the prints covered most of the wall, I made sure to buy the WASHABLE crayons so I wouldn't be having a heart attack if they missed the paper!
Monster-0237 Monster-0231 Monster-0271 Monster-0282 Monster-0281 Monster-0321
The photobooth was a lot of fun -- and another wonderful way to say "thank you" to your guests!! I added Henry's "thanks yous" to the photos and printed them for all of our friends!
Monster-0204 Monster_FB-2 Monster-2 Monster-2-2 Monster-0371 Monster-0351 Monster-0365 Monster-0357 Monster-0379 Monster-29 Monster-33
If you loved this Little Monster Party as much as I loved throwing it for my Little Man, you can find all the printables available HERE

3 comments:

  1. He's still your baby. And seriously, all we did was hot glue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And speaking of being Target twinkies, I also had to restrain myself from buying that cardigan when I saw it last week... I said, I don't think Jenn likes you THAT much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jenn,

    Is there anyway you can share your printables? The link posted on this blog is not working.

    Thanks for your help

    Angela

    ReplyDelete