Saturday, October 20, 2012

Fall Ball

We've got baseball on the brain here lately! My husband is a die-hard Detroit Tigers fan so we have been blessed with some amazing baseball on our TV lately! It's great to see them headed to the World Series!!!

Closer to home, we are spending a good chunk of our weeks watching big man C playing with the Express, his fall ball little league team.
Express-0209 Express-0211 Express-0227 Express-0226 Express-0225
And a few instas from the game:
photo-72 photo-71
Chuck's not the best baseball player. Actually, he isn't good at all. He's blessed with a huge brain, is incredibly imaginative and creative and has aspirations to be an inventor when he grows up. I'd much rather raise a Steve Jobs over a Justin Verlander so the lack of baseball skills doesn't bother me. What's important is that even though he's not the best, he still likes to play. When I was an unathletic child, I hated playing sports for the very reason that I sucked. I don't know how this kid keeps finding the nerve to go out every game, strike out, and then play again the next week. But I'm totally proud of him that he does. Perseverance is one of the best character traits to possess. So, in my opinion, Charlie kicks ass at life.

Today Chuck played catcher. Mike gets mad at me for saying this... but when he puts on the catcher gear, I think it's the cutest thing EVER! (Apparently, it's not cute - it's manly - and I'm not supposed to say 'awwwwww!' when he walks out in catcher gear). It just seems like such an important position!! I remember going to my cousin's baseball games when I was younger and he played catcher. I find it so strange to now be watching my son - my baby - putting on a ton of gear and being in charge of catching a pitch.
Express-0223

A really fun part of today's game was that Henry was entertained by a whole bunch of other people. Henry ran to the adjacent soccer field and joined all the other kids playing out there. Score for minimal parental duties!!! I sat in my chair, watched the game and played on my phone (ummmm, heaven!!!!). My kids may not be blessed athletes, but they certainly are social butterflies. Neither of them have ever met a person they couldn't charm.

I turned around to check on Henry at one point and I saw that he had stopped playing with the other little brothers and sisters and instead had found -- a teenager. Yup, my adorable two year old can charm even the older ladies... (Also, let's take a minute to digest how gorgeous the fall trees are right now. Amazing!!!) Express-0236 Express-0235

5 comments:

  1. 1. Who is Justin Verlander?
    2. I was about to ask how you took so many photos with a grabby two year old--but then I figured it out.
    3. Gorgeous.
    4. I'm pretty sure the boys have NO chance at being athletic and it KILLS Sol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1. The super hot pitcher for the Tigers (who is also linked to be dating Kate Upton, also super hot).
      2. #bouletschoolofparenting
      3. Thank you!!
      4. They can hang with my boys and invent cool apps or new things on the internet that will make us feel less cool for not understanding what they do...

      Delete
    2. 1. Bless you boys. (Rooting for the Tigers for y'all and my pastor!)
      2. You guys have the cutest kids.
      3. Agreed.
      4. WAIT TILL I HAVE KIDS. You don't EVEN KNOW UNCOORDINATED YET.

      Delete